Saturday, April 6, 2013

Graham Pettman: Sculptor & Painter


Graham Pettman or the "One Who Dreams in Stone", is a British Columbia painter and sculptor who is respected across Canada. I recently had the privilege of meeting Graham to help out with some shots and video for his new website. I spent a day at his home in Enderby, BC where I was treated to a glimpse inside the life of one of the nations premiere artists.

Watching Graham sculpt and paint really made me think about the creative process. It made me wonder where human creativity comes from and my own creativity. Whether its through writing, philosophy, science, technology, fine arts or any other discipline- humans feel impelled to create.

Creativity seems to be its own force and when I watched Graham I realized that he would create art even if no one was interested in it. Art for arts sake- its purest form.






























No comments:

Post a Comment