Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Portrait Project: Carla

Carla is the second in a series of photo sessions I am doing of my friends for an ongoing personal photography project. Over the past year I've found myself doing all sorts of photography for organizations or clients so I wanted to take a step back and do some portraiture of friends. When photographing at a wedding or doing family sessions, it is important to deliver an end product that the client will be happy with and for this reason I often stay within my comfort zone using my tried and true methods. This portrait project allows me to experiment and work on technical as well as interpersonal skills.

I had approached Carla about the project earlier this year and the weather finally cooperated on Sunday- allowing us to get downtown for a shoot. I learned a lot and as I look at the shots I'm extremely excited about photographing Carla and Kirks wedding this summer.

Thanks for your patience and willingness to help Carla!









No comments:

Post a Comment