Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Track & Field Olympic Trials Day 2

On day 2 of shooting the Olympic qualifiers I got a real feel for the different events and what to watch for in each. It was amazing to see how the physiques of athletes changed from event to event. The 100 meter runners were built so solidly that I wondered what it would be like to collide with one of them. I learned to be careful what you wish for because after finishing the semi-finals of the 100m, Phylicia George ran through the finish line and into the camera gallery nearly knocking me on my rear but saved me (and my camera) by bear hugging me before I hit the ground. The speed these athletes possess was incredible to witness from track level. As the distances get longer the athletes become more focused on lean muscle which is conducive to endurance and not necessarily explosive power.

I told Jacquie that I have the physique of an athlete who would likely compete in the 200 meter discipline. She examined the photos and sarcastically said that I might want to start doing some sit-ups...



















No comments:

Post a Comment